Ever wondered about your Azur Lane Marriage? Look not further! Marriage or “Oathing” in Gacha Games provides various benefits to the player not only in gameplay but also in wholesome elements such as added graphics, new dialogue and even new costumes. The most well-known marriage system in gacha games is undoubtedly Azur Lane’s as it is fairly comprehensive and features many things people might expect from a full-fledged dating sim.
How do I oath my ship girl in Azur Lane for Mobile?
Once a ship reaches 100 affection, it’s possible to Oath them by offering a Ring of Promise. Players receive a Ring of Promise as a one-time quest reward for maxing a ship’s affection. Additional Rings of Promise can be purchased from Akashi‘s shop for 600 .
Oathing a ship has the following effects:
- Increase their Affection cap to 200, allowing access to further stat bonuses.
- Allows the player to rename the married ship. After renaming a ship, players must wait 30 days before that ship can be renamed again.
- Married ship have a unique border and their portrait will shine in the Dock.
How do I gain affection in Azur Lane?
Affection is what is used to measure how a girl in Azur Lane feels towards the player. Ship girls will gain stat bonuses as their affection increases and it will affect what lines they speak in the Dock to the main character!
Affection can be gained from the following sources:
- Using ships in battle (except Exercises) will raise the ship girls’ affection. It is a minor amount however this should not be underestimated for the long-term player.
- Ships placed in the Dormitory will occasionally display a heart icon. Tapping this icon will increase that ship’s Affection by 0.1 to 0.3 points.
- A ship set as the secretary will gain 1 Affection every 300-320 minutes. Secretary Affection gain stops at 90 Affection.
Do I get a new skin when I marry or oath my character in Azur Lane?
Yes, yes yes! Players will receive a new skin for some of the characters when the ring of promise is given to the ship girl. The new skins are only obtainable in this way so definitely get farming for affection points to max it out.
Some popular ship girl skins include, Yukikaze’s Warmth of Spring, and Atago’s Lily White Vow. There are even more skins to collect so make sure you are maximising your favourite ship girls’ affection meter!
Can all characters be married to in Azur Lane?
Not all characters in Azur Lane can be oathed, or married, some collaboration characters such as the collaboration characters with Idolmaster cannot be married. This is likely due to agreements made with the owner of the Intellectual Properties which the Azur Lane developers have no full control over. Although this is unfortunate it is still worth raising all the characters’ affection points as there are other benefits aside from new skins or dialogue such as increasing stats by a certain %. These can be invaluable for PVE battles.
List of characters I can oath in Azur Lane?
There are many characters in Azur Lane that can be oathed, some of the characters are below ordered in a list.
- Akagi Deep Crimson Poppy
- Akashi White Cat’s Repayment
- Atago Lily-White Vow
- Aurora Garb of Eternal Prosperity
- Ayanami Demon’s Finest Dress
- Belfast The Pledge of Claddagh
- Cleveland Heartfelt Moment
- Enterprise Starlight Oath
- Friedrich der Grosse Zeremonie of the Cradle
- Hood Rosey Love Poem
- Illustrious Morning Star of Love and Hope
- Javelin Blissful Purity
- Kaga Sacred Blue Lily
- Laffey White Rabbit’s Oath
- Mikasa Untarnished Splendor
- Minneapolis Trapper White
- Nagato Great Fox’s White Gown
- Prinz Eugen Symphonic Fate
- San Diego No. 1 June Bride!
- Takao Sakura Hanami
- Unicorn A Dream of Pure Vows
- Vampire Eli’s Blessing
- Yamashiro Bridal Attack!
- Yukikaze The Warmth of Spring
- Yuudachi The Bride of Solomon
- Z23 Schwarze Hochzeit